Linux-2.6.30.9 build failure fixed & new problem show up

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 08:13:36 PST 2009

2009/12/7 Mykal Funk <mykalfunk at gmail.com>:
> Thanks for the pointers. Once I got the configuration right it would go
> all the way to loading Init. However, it is now givining an error
> "Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1180: dl_main: Assertion
> `(void *) ph->p_vaddr == _rtld_local._dl_sysinfo_dso’ failed!" and the
> kernel panics. I'm considering recompiling Glibc but am unsure if that
> would fix the problem or cause more.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mykal Funk
> --

Do you have CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO=y ?  If so, try turning it off.
I'm not sure where it appears in menuconfig, but the help says:

config COMPAT_VDSO
        def_bool y
        prompt "Compat VDSO support"
        depends on X86_32 || IA32_EMULATION
        ---help---
          Map the 32-bit VDSO to the predictable old-style address too.
        ---help---
          Say N here if you are running a sufficiently recent glibc
          version (2.3.3 or later), to remove the high-mapped
          VDSO mapping and to exclusively use the randomized VDSO.

          If unsure, say Y.

LFS-5.0 used gcc-2.3.2 so it will need this set to Y.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"