Linux-2.6.30.9 build failure fixed & new problem show up

Mykal Funk mykalfunk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:56:24 PST 2009

Ken Moffat wrote:
> 2009/12/5 William Immendorf <will.immendorf at gmail.com>:
>
>> Try building the generic EIDE/PATA driver into the kernel.
>>
>> --
>> William Immendorf
>> The ultimate in free computing.
>> Messages in plain text, please, no HTML.
>>
>> --------------
>>
>  Yeah, I think William has probably hit the nail on the head here
> - you mentioned this was very old hardware.

Thanks for the pointers. Once I got the configuration right it would go
all the way to loading Init. However, it is now givining an error
"Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1180: dl_main: Assertion
`(void *) ph->p_vaddr == _rtld_local._dl_sysinfo_dso’ failed!" and the
kernel panics. I'm considering recompiling Glibc but am unsure if that
would fix the problem or cause more.

Thanks in advance,
Mykal Funk