LFS 6.5 chapter 8.3.1

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Thu Dec 3 01:26:25 PST 2009

On 12/03/2009 04:15 AM, stosss wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Chris Staub<chris at beaker67.com>  wrote:
>> On 12/03/2009 04:04 AM, stosss wrote:
>>>
>>> readelf: Error: '/usr/bin/gcc': No such file
>>>
>>> So I probably did something wrong and changing my path when logging
>>> out and back revealed that?
>>
>> So, does /usr/bin/gcc not even exist?
>
> No, so, where did I make my mistake? I have been looking around and
> things seem to be there. Did I screw up and make my LFS associated to
> the host? Which means I get to start over again? I am learning a lot
> and eventually I will get it right.

If /usr/bin/gcc does not exist, then clearly GCC was not installed, most
likely because you missed "make install" in Chapter 6 GCC or somehow
skipped the whole page. Of course there are other possible causes
(especially if you are somehow deviating from the book), but at this
point there's really no way to tell...