Version 6.5 - 6.15.1 GCC compile failure

Sean Porterfield linuxfromscratch at sf.porterfield.net
Tue Dec 1 19:22:58 PST 2009

As background, I'm using VirtualBox with the LFS LiveCD.  I haven't
learned how to copy/paste from my real PC to the VirtualBox, so I'm
typing everything by hand.

After compiling and installing gcc, I tried to compile dummy.c but it
failed.  Any suggestions on how to figure out where I screwed up?

dummy.log ends with:
/usr/bin/ld: : No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Earlier in dummy.log I see an odd message that might be related:
ignoring nonexistent directory
"/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/include"
--
Sean Porterfield