util-linux-ng-2.14.1

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 28 09:01:29 PDT 2009

jnbutler at jnbutler.com wrote:

[about an include file problem]

> I followed the LFS book instructions to the letter.

You _thought_ you followed it to the letter.

> Shouldn't it have installed ncurses correctly?

Yes.

> I went back and extracted ncurses again and followed
> the book instructions to the letter, and that time it
> worked and util-linux compiled and installed correctly.

Apparently, you did something differently this time.
What the difference may be could be ascertained only if
either you have an absolutely perfect and reliable memory,
or you have a machine kept log of the actions you took
both times.

> I am in chapter 6 now and so far have got up to mpfr with
> no problems. Will continue building packages this evening.

Good luck! It seems you're having some good success.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.