syntax of mkdir

Jason Erickson viperjason at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:10:23 PDT 2009

Not to nit-pick...but dot-dot is previous directory.
dot is current directory

So...no its not the same unless you are currently in $LFS/tools/somedir

if your compiling then your probably in $LFS/sources/binutils (or
whatever the binutils folder is that the binutils source files were
unzipped into).  Thats the directory you should be in.