Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 17 12:06:44 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:37:29PM +0200, ForrestG wrote:
> I dont used initram disk. CF card partition is ext2. In kernel is ext2,ext3 filesystems added.
> My actions are.
>
> 1) At my home PC do zero file with 2G size.
> 2)mount this file to /mnt/lfs
> 3)at this file compile LFS version 6.4,
>     I dont install grub package and all tests passed so I think that all is correct
> 4)I formated CF card ext2 filesystem and install grub at.
> 5)I umnounted /mnt/lfs restart my PC and copy all files to CF card
> 6)At CF card i created menu.lst and tested it at another PC.
>
> At /dev is all necessery devices kernel has kompile with ext2,ext3 fylesystems
> At filesystem inst any initrd. Modules for kernel I to install. Kernel succesfuly mounteed
> root. Hardware is correct, becouse I tested another operatin system and its fine.
> So I havent any idea, why isnt work.
> Exist any way to stop kernel if booted? I wood like to looked at all messages that kernel
> writes. Im tyred, becouse all work i do, much more time i put into this project, and no results :-(
>
> Thanks Forrest

 You should be able to use the PageUp key (sorry, I don't know how
it is labelled if you are using a Czech keyboard) to scroll back
once the kernel has panic'd.  Doesn't always work after a panic, but
it might let you see earlier messages.

 In general, I suspect there is a difference between the hardware of
the 2 computers, and one or more of your configure choices is wrong
for the other machine.

 And please don't top post (in other words, reply _below_ what you
are replying to, and trim what you reply to.  Thanks.

 Good luck!

ĸen