Re: Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

ForrestG ForrestG at seznam.cz
Fri Apr 17 11:37:29 PDT 2009

I dont used initram disk. CF card partition is ext2. In kernel is ext2,ext3 filesystems added.
My actions are.

1) At my home PC do zero file with 2G size.
2)mount this file to /mnt/lfs
3)at this file compile LFS version 6.4,
    I dont install grub package and all tests passed so I think that all is correct
4)I formated CF card ext2 filesystem and install grub at.
5)I umnounted /mnt/lfs restart my PC and copy all files to CF card
6)At CF card i created menu.lst and tested it at another PC.

At /dev is all necessery devices kernel has kompile with ext2,ext3 fylesystems
At filesystem inst any initrd. Modules for kernel I to install. Kernel succesfuly mounteed
root. Hardware is correct, becouse I tested another operatin system and its fine.
So I havent any idea, why isnt work.
Exist any way to stop kernel if booted? I wood like to looked at all messages that kernel
writes. Im tyred, becouse all work i do, much more time i put into this project, and no results :-(

Thanks Forrest