Neeraj Vaidya neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 17 01:49:41 PDT 2009

One reason could be that you need a large initial ramdisk (initrd). You can customize it using the GRUB command line parameter as follows :
ramdisk_size = 90000k
This is for a 90MB ramdisk.
Note that this size is to be specified in KB and hence the 'k' appended to the number of KBs

Another possible reason for the kernel panic error could be that you have created the ramdisk using EXT3 fs and your kernel cannot mount this ramdisk if it does not have ext3.ko module built-in the kernel image.

Cheers !

-Neeraj