LFS Chapter 5.34 and Ubuntu

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:09:51 PDT 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 13:19:56 stencil wrote:

> Which is the better choice,  -i or -s?  And if it is to be
> -i, is the LFS 4.4 procedure the best way of ensuring that
> $LFS is set to /mnt/lfs, or should the $LFS specification be
> the *only* change made to root's native environment?

I don't think there is a preferred option here. The important thing is to have
root privileges.

The LFS variable is really just for convenience, I would suggest manually
setting it when you've reached a root shell, and leave the rest of the root
environment alone.

export LFS=/mnt/lfs (or whatever you picked in 2.4)

Good luck,
Trent.