JHALFS 2.3.1 on LiveCD 6.3 r2160 is broken

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 13 23:47:05 PDT 2009

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>> I have struggled for a few days, a few hours at a time, to make
>> the JHALFS shipped on (in) the LiveCD 6.3 r2160 work, and finally
>> decided that it is just broken. So, I went to the website, and
>> downloaded the current jhalfs-2.3.1.tar.bz2, transferred it to
>> the disc on the build target, and ran it. It now runs without
>> some warnings it got before, and is (apparently) successfully
>> building an LFS system.
>>
>> The version which is actually on the disc, in the
>> /home/jhalfs/jhalfs-2.3.1 directory is apparently broken.
>>
>> What do I need to do to make a defect report?
>
> The "defect" is in the LiveCD

Yes, of course.

> and that is not being supported any more due to
> lack of manpower.  The CD is good for a rescue disk or as a basis for a new

Ah, I see.

> build, but the sources and support tools like jhalfs are out of date and current
> packages have to be downloaded.

Ok, well, I've done that, so I guess I've got what can be
gotten.

Umm, would some additional manpower help? Perhaps
I could contribute some. At the very least, I might be
able to create a respin with fixed jhalfs, if that's
not too difficult. I've got some machines sitting
around idle, and I might be willing to use one for that.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.