JHALFS 2.3.1 on LiveCD 6.3 r2160 is broken

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 13 23:12:04 PDT 2009

I have struggled for a few days, a few hours at a time, to make
the JHALFS shipped on (in) the LiveCD 6.3 r2160 work, and finally
decided that it is just broken. So, I went to the website, and
downloaded the current jhalfs-2.3.1.tar.bz2, transferred it to
the disc on the build target, and ran it. It now runs without
some warnings it got before, and is (apparently) successfully
building an LFS system.

The version which is actually on the disc, in the
/home/jhalfs/jhalfs-2.3.1 directory is apparently broken.

What do I need to do to make a defect report?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.