5.8 Adjusting The Tool Chain - GCC Spec File Error

Matthew Olivo savior_x2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 21:35:55 PDT 2009

I'm currently at 5.8 Adjusting The Tool Chain and am on the following command:

gcc -dumpspecs | sed 's@/lib/ld-linux.so.2@/tools&@g' \
> `dirname $(gcc -print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs

In which the gcc specs are placed into a default folder where it will
look. I keep getting this same here every time I try it and I've made
sure that I am typing everything correctly:

sed: can't read /mnt/lfs/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux/gnu/4.1.2/specs: No such file or directory

Now, just looking at the output command, I can see one thing that might be doing it. In the filepath, it says:

/bin/../lib

Although
logically that sorta of makes sense, since the lib directory is in
tools and not in bin, I could see it complain about that. I feel like
there's an enviornment variable that might just be out of whack or
something that's just not correct, but everything up until now has
worked perfect.

I'm
using the latest build of the Live CD on a Sun VirtualBox system. I
don't think this problem has anything to do with hardware really. If
anyone knows what might be the problem and how I can fix it, it would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks!