Kernel Configuration

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 8 14:31:50 PDT 2009

Trent Shea wrote:

> You're wondering if you can get the kernel config file from another machine?
> If so, I cant' see any reason not to; I've done it a number of times, I'd just
> make sure that it gets created from the same kernel version.

Yes, that's what I thought. I "made" the configurator and ran
it on one machine, and saved the output to an "alternate"
config file, for transfer to the target (different) machine. I don't see
why that won't work, but if there were a problem, I didn't want
to be posting here about how I followed the book, except I
did something boneheaded that anyone familiar with building
the kernel a few times would know wouldn't work.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.