Kernel Configuration

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 8 11:11:29 PDT 2009

Is kernel configuration something which can be run not on the
target system? I'm not referring to a cross-build. I don't have
easy access to the information necessary to do the configuration
right now on the target machine. I'd like to try jhalfs. I tried
earlier, and even though I told it not to build the kernel, it
insisted that it needed the .config for it. So, I wonder whether
I couldn't run the configuration on another machine and transfer
the resulting .config to the target and then proceed with the
build. Doe the configurator query the running system? I don't
see how that would be useful, so my guess is that one can do
that.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.