LFS 6.4 Book HTML

Aaron Sterling aaronasterling at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:20:00 PDT 2009

>> A point release should go through full QA, which is why it would
>> be a big deal, require full directory structure creation, regresion
>> testing, etc. Someone would have to go through the full build
>> following the book exactly.
>>
>> Mike

This might be above my head, but why does a point release require
these things while an errata sheet does not?  If the errata sheet is
used then it modifies the procedure just like a point release does,
right?  So the resulting procedure that would actually govern a build
and installation is the same regardless of if an errata or point
release is used and it is the procedure that needs to be tested.  What
am i missing?