LFS 6.4 Book HTML

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 8 08:59:41 PDT 2009

Simon Geard wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 10:48 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>> Simon Geard wrote:
>>> If we were *really* following standard practice, we'd be applying the
>>> errata changes against the 6.4 book, and putting a 6.4.1 book on the
>>> website to replace it.
>> Can't dispute. You'd do a "point release".
>
> Right, which I assume is what the other poster was arguing for. The idea

I don't think so, though that's possible.

> of an errata page is very much a legacy of hardcopy publishing - for

I trow not.

> purely electronic documents, the software model of fix and re-release
> makes much more sense.
>
> No idea how big a deal it would be to do, but in theory it's highly
> automatible...

A point release should go through full QA, which is why it would
be a big deal, require full directory structure creation, regresion
testing, etc. Someone would have to go through the full build
following the book exactly.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.