LFS 6.4 Book HTML

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 8 00:45:12 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 10:48 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Simon Geard wrote:
> > If we were *really* following standard practice, we'd be applying the
> > errata changes against the 6.4 book, and putting a 6.4.1 book on the
> > website to replace it.
>
> Can't dispute. You'd do a "point release".

Right, which I assume is what the other poster was arguing for. The idea
of an errata page is very much a legacy of hardcopy publishing - for
purely electronic documents, the software model of fix and re-release
makes much more sense.

No idea how big a deal it would be to do, but in theory it's highly
automatible...

Simon.