LFS 6.4 Book HTML

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 7 03:58:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 07:08 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> This sort of thing is standard practice with all major projects,
> and has nothing to do with the medium in which the components
> get realized. It has everything to do with quality assurance
> and version control.

Actually, I disagree - most projects don't provide errata pages, they
provide support releases with the defects fixed, and discourage people
from using versions without the fixes. That's pretty much the opposite
of what LFS does - we expect them to follow instructions that are known
to have problems, and to use a separate errata document to know when
they'll run into those problems.

If we were *really* following standard practice, we'd be applying the
errata changes against the 6.4 book, and putting a 6.4.1 book on the
website to replace it.

Simon.