LFS 6.4 Book HTML

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:54:13 PDT 2009

On Monday 06 April 2009 08:57:28 Mike McCarty wrote:
> You are displaying complete ignorance of what the terms
> "Quality Control" and "Version Control" mean. I suggest that
> you study a little bit.

Why do you want to be insulting? That is rude and abrasive.

When I used the word geek I was not being insulting because I do not
regard the term geek as insulting or degrading, although some do.

I regard the word as a complement even when I know some one meant it
as an insult.

Did you mean quality control or quality assurance?

I was implying both and I was never implying messing up or changing
version control.

Everyone reading my posts assumed I was talking about version
control.

quality control

Quality control (QC) is a procedure or set of procedures intended to
ensure that a manufactured product or performed service adheres to
a defined set of quality criteria or meets the requirements of the
client or customer. QC is similar to, but not identical with,
quality assurance (QA). QA is defined as a procedure or set of
procedures intended to ensure that a product or service under
development (before work is complete, as opposed to afterwards)
meets specified requirements. QA is sometimes expressed together
with QC as a single expression, quality assurance and control
(QA/QC).

In order to implement an effective QC program, an enterprise must
first decide which specific standards the product or service must
meet. Then the extent of QC actions must be determined (for
example, the percentage of units to be tested from each lot). Next,
real-world data must be collected (for example, the percentage of
units that fail) and the results reported to management personnel.
After this, corrective action must be decided upon and taken (for
example, defective units must be repaired or rejected and poor
service repeated at no charge until the customer is satisfied). If
too many unit failures or instances of poor service occur, a plan
must be devised to improve the production or service process and
then that plan must be put into action. Finally, the QC process
must be ongoing to ensure that remedial efforts, if required, have
produced satisfactory results and to immediately detect recurrences
or new instances of trouble.

quality assurance

In developing products and services, quality assurance is any
systematic process of checking to see whether a product or service
being developed is meeting specified requirements. Many companies
have a separate department devoted to quality assurance. A quality
assurance system is said to increase customer confidence and a
company's credibility, to improve work processes and efficiency,
and to enable a company to better compete with others. Quality
assurance was initially introduced in World War II when munitions
were inspected and tested for defects after they were made. Today's
quality assurance systems emphasize catching defects before they
get into the final product.

--
http://www.wowgreen.net/11324