LFS 6.4 Book HTML

Jason Erickson viperjason at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:03:28 PDT 2009

I've been using this for the past week learning about linux and the
installs and it has been a great tool.  I want to first thank you for
offering this book and helping others learn how to build linux from
scratch to make our own custom installs.

I did notice a few things going through it that I thought might be
useful to update.
For Glibc (2.8-20080929) - I couldnt find this so I went to Glibc
website and got 2.8  I have had no install problems with any of the
programs by using this code.  The original download location of
:ftp:// sources. redhat. com/ pub/ glibc/ snapshots/ glibc- 2. 8-
20080929. tar. bz2 doesnt seem to exist anymore.  I got Glibc from
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glibc/glibc-2.8.tar.gz

For section 5.21 Gawk-3.1.6 There seems to be a formatting
issue....here is what the book says:
Compilation is now complete. As discussed earlier, running the test
suite is not mandatory for the temporary tools
here in this chapter. To run the Gawk test suite anyway, issue the
following command:

make

To test the results, issue:

make check

The part that seems wrong is where it says " To run the Gawk test
suite anyway, issue the following command:make"  I think that text
should go after the make command.

Thanks for the book.  Its been very helpful.