NPTL question ?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 26 13:43:56 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 04:06:28PM -0400, satish patel wrote:

> I have one program which attempting to run a thread program that does not
> support Native Posix Thread Library so how to run on Redhat Ent. Linux ?

 And this has _what_ to do with LFS ?

> With the help of
>
> LD_LIBPATH=/usr/lib
>
> Or
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
>
> Or
>
> LD_NON_NATIVE=/path/to/program

 Huh ?  Only LD_LIBRARY_PATH is in common use (I s'pose the other
two *might* be valid on RHEL), and your variant makes not a lot of
sense, quite apart from the syntax error.

 Google might be your friend.  We are here to help with problems
when people *build* LFS, not to answer random questions.

> find anwer of this question which one I use to run progs on non supported
> NPTL

 From memory, RedHat Enterprise took special steps in their
construction of glibc so that both nptl and the old linux-threads
are supported.  Use your support contract to ask them for advice.
If you don't have one, try somewhere else - maybe linuxquestions
covers RHEL. Don't know, don't care.

ĸen