gcc failure

Rodolfo Perez r-v-r at gmx.net
Fri Oct 31 06:17:47 PDT 2008

Rob

I'm using the LFS 6.3 book.

After all I don't know how to "unset any environmental
variables ..:-( According to the LFS Book, I have to do it only when I'm
on page 53!. (gcc pass 2). But my error is already on page 46 (Adjusting
the toolchain)
Anyway, how do I unset the environmental variables that overrides the
optimization flags ??

Might it be a mistake to run the "check" command on page 44?

Or: Should I ALWAYS delete the source file after installing the package?

By the way :gcc --version gives the "right" answer: gcc 4.1.2

Thanks for helping
Rodolfo