Re Re: lfs 6.3-Problem installing Ncurses-5.6

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 30 06:24:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 08:59:40AM +0100, giuseppe marchi wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm using a 32 bit kernal version on fedora 9.
> I applayed the bash patch on chatper 5.
> I found that the libraries referenced by tic contains the requested symbol _nc_check_termtype2.
> Can you give me more details about the problems involving bash and ncurses.
> Thanks.

 No, I'm sorry, I can't.  ISTR a problem with bash on clfs, maybe
it was related to ncurses or maybe it wasn't.  I googled for the
symbol but I couldn't see anything useful in the postings I found,
other than someone blaming bash.

 As I originally said, this problem is new to me - I've not seen it.

ĸen