gcc:unrecognized option '-mtune=pentiumpro'

Rodolfo Perez r-v-r at gmx.net
Tue Oct 28 02:16:11 PDT 2008

I'm trying to install LFS from the Live-CD. Everything went well till
Chapter 5.7. Adjusting the Toolchain, wenn i entered the command:
gcc -dumpspecs | sed 's@ .....
I got the message "gcc:unrecognised option `-mtune=pentiumpro` "
I copied and paste the command from the manual so I know I entered
it correctly. Cant find anything relevant in the archives.

Even when I only enter : "gcc -v" I got the same message "gcc:un..."
Of course i didn't but a option -mtune=pentiumpro....

Could it be that gcc-4.1.2 doesnt support dual-core prozessor?

Where is the specs file that I'm meant to check for the changes?

Hope anybody could help me.....

Thanks