Help: Newbie questions about making livecd

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 09:39:43 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr.
<douglas at trenix.com.br> wrote:
> Em Friday 10 October 2008 00:10:25 Lee Amy escreveu:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm a newbie at LFS and I'm going to build my own LiveCD by this great
>> project. Anyway, I hope you could tell me what I need at first. I
>> didn't find the LiveCD Books so I wonder what book should I read at
>> once? The LFS or else? Which book describes making LiveCD?
> The project was canceled, and there is no book about this theme. I sure there
> is some thing on the hints site.

In particular, you want this hint:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/lfscd-remastering-howto.txt

Be aware that generating the LiveCD is not a simple task. If you don't
have a strong understanding of the LFS book already (and some external
projects), it will probably be very difficult. If you really want to
create a LiveCD in the method that the LFS CD is generated, I would
suggest checking out the LiveCD svn repository. There is some
documentation that complements the hint above. In fact, it has a more
recent copy of the remastering HOWTO in
doc/lfscd-remastering-howto.txt. Instructions for checking out or
viewing the svn sources are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/download.html

--
Dan