Help: Newbie questions about making livecd

Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr. douglas at trenix.com.br
Fri Oct 10 09:26:46 PDT 2008

Em Friday 10 October 2008 00:10:25 Lee Amy escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie at LFS and I'm going to build my own LiveCD by this great
> project. Anyway, I hope you could tell me what I need at first. I
> didn't find the LiveCD Books so I wonder what book should I read at
> once? The LFS or else? Which book describes making LiveCD?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Amy Lee
The project was canceled, and there is no book about this theme. I sure there
is some thing on the hints site.

What you need to make is a initramfs (see the hints too) and search how to put
GRUB using cdrecord on a CD to load both kernel and the initramfs file.

Regards

--
Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr.
Sócio-Diretor