Cannot make glibc

Glen Robinson gtr at frii.com
Wed Oct 1 01:02:45 PDT 2008

I have tried to build glibc without success on 2 separate machines.
Both running ubuntu 8.04 desktop.  The first instance is using shared
space on a partition following the file next to hint.  The second
instance is installing on a separate disk with a 20 GB linux partition
and a 1 GB swap partition.  In each case I get the failure where awk is
blowing up in a script as shown in the attached file.  Does anyone have
any idea what is wrong and/or what to do next?