LFS 6.3 ch 5.2 questions

Stealth genericmaillists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:29:25 PST 2008

Is there anything on this page (book 6.3 ch 5.2) that needs to be
done before going to 5.3 to follow the binutils build instructions?

This goes back to the confusion I have talked about before in other
posts to this list. I cannot tell if I am actually supposed to do
anything with any of this information before I go to 5.3.

If this is just information and there are no instructions that need
to be done before going to the next pages, then this information
should be moved so that the appropriate sections are found with the
build process they are talking about. It would be a lot less
confusing.

As I said before I had no confusion through the first 4 chapters it
was at this page(book 6.3 ch 5.2) that the confusion started for
the reasons I stated above. Everything I did from this point
forward to page 5.7 was wrong. Now I have started over and I am
trying to understand this process so I don't make the same mistake
again.

--
Stealth