Chapter 6 building against /tools still?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sun Nov 30 00:46:29 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 23:59 +0100, Renaud Marquet wrote:
> As gcc, glibc and binutils are all built with /tools/bin/gcc it's
> obvious they contain debug information referencing /tools/...
>
> Don't know why bison is, though. Maybe it's because gcc contains this
> reference too. I just checked my system and it's the same (in fact,
> almost every executable is referencing /tools in its debug information).
>
> Anyway this should not lead to any runtime problem I think.

That's what I hoped, but no, still broken. I think (not certain) it
worked before I removed /tools, but now it fails with status 141 any
time it's invoked on a valid input file...

Can't think why bison would be different from anything else though. It's
built after e2fsprogs and coreutils, and neither of those contain those
debug symbols. But bison, built a bit later, does...

Simon.