Can't compile xorg-server. Posted here pending fixing my access to BLFS

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 14 16:06:46 PST 2008

Ralph Porter wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
> I recompiled as described below but still got the same error.
>
> Looking at xorg-lib-compile.log there is
>
> mkdir : cannont create directory '/usr/local/include/X11/Xtrans':
> permission denied.

Judging from the above, XORG_PREFIX was not set, which probably means
that XORG_CONFIG was not set.  You will need to start over from the
beginning on the installation of Xorg, and be sure that you export the
variables after you set them (or at the same time). However...

> Even if i log on as root it still denies
>
> X11 is drwxr-xr-x

...I have no idea why you cannot create a directory as root.  That is
really messed up.  Sorry.  Hopefully somebody else has an idea.

-- DJ Lucas