Chapter 6 building against /tools still?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 14 01:00:40 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 20:44 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> My concern isn't that there are debug symbols referencing /tools - my
> concern is that they're almost certainly a sign that things are being
> linked against the wrong binaries, causing things like bison to fail.
>
> As I said, I'm assuming this problem is caused by something I've done
> wrong, causing Chapter 6 to favor /tools libraries and executables when
> it shouldn't. I just can't see quite why.

Ok, I've been looking at the logs from a fresh build, got a few
questions.

1. Should Chapter 6 binutils be using /tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld as
it's linker?

2. Should Chapter 6 GMP (i.e the package after binutils) be
using /tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld?

3. Should Chapter 6 GCC be using the same linker?

It looks like all packages after GCC are using /usr/bin/ld, but I guess
by then the damage is done? Seems to me that everything after the final
binutils build ought to be using it...

Simon.