xorg build

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 9 15:09:06 PST 2008

Ken Moffat wrote:

>  But, it's all about what works for you - ISTR Randy uses some
> package management system which identified files being overwritten
> by something else in the base LFS system, which I certainly hadn't
> known about.

I assume from your comments above that you use something akin to
install-log.  If so, this is a very simple addition.  Before moving your
installed files log to the final destination, grep -R across the
destination directory for each file in the temporary log file, append
something useful, say "\(M\)" for modified, to the line if you find it
already installed. :-)  When I get around to finishing my packaging
scripts...

-- DJ Lucas