xorg build

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 9 13:47:33 PST 2008

Ralph Porter wrote:
> Thanks guys...
>
> I found the proto-7.2.wget file by poking around.
>
> There is no additional files on this screen.  Maybe my browser is
> having issues?
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/x/xorg7.html
>
> On a mac with firefox.

Oops, now I see where you are.  The script you are referencing is only
an example.  Each section (proto, libs, utils, fonts, drivers) has it's
own instructions to download all of the packages using the wget files,
however, the section page only provides generic instructions to install
each of the 200+ packages one by one (as many people use package
management).  On each sectional page, there is a wiki link that contains
the commands necessary to build the entire section with a for in do loop.

-- DJ Lucas