GCC Test Failure

Rob Thornton rob_t at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 3 06:42:39 PST 2008

This is my third time through LFS and I always receive the following
failure in the GCC tests in chapter 6.12 within the 'gcc Summary':

FAIL: gcc.target/i386/fastcall-sseregparm.c execution test

# of expected passes        38984
# of unexpected failures  1
# of expected failures      99
# of untested testcases   28
# of unsupported tests    246

Everything else matches other submitted results and is the only
unexpected failure in the entire test battery.

My only guess is that it may be due to the athlon CPU. I've done
numerous google searching and bug searches with no success. Generally,
anyone else whose had this issue has had a ton of failures, not just the
one in question.

Should I submit this as a bug in GCC 4.1.2 or...?

Rob