LFS 6.3 - Chapter 8.4 - Cannot install grub

Rafael Lopez rafa2005ar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:29:38 PDT 2008

Thank you. Your advise have got me back on the right tracks.
For the record, here are the instructions that can be used to get into
the building environment after a reboot from chapter 6.60 up.

RESUMING LFS FROM 6.60 TO THE END
=================================

export LFS=/mnt/lfs
mkdir -pv $LFS
mount /dev/hda1 $LFS
mount /dev/hda3 /home
swapon /dev/hda2
mkdir -pv $LFS/{dev,proc,sys}
mknod -m 600 $LFS/dev/console c 5 1
mknod -m 666 $LFS/dev/null c 1 3
mount -v --bind /dev $LFS/dev
mount -vt devpts devpts $LFS/dev/pts
mount -vt tmpfs shm $LFS/dev/shm
mount -vt proc proc $LFS/proc
mount -vt sysfs sysfs $LFS/sys
chroot "$LFS" /usr/bin/env -i \
    HOME=/root TERM="$TERM" PS1='\u:\w\$ ' \
    PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin \
    /bin/bash --login