LFS 6.3 - Chapter 8.4 - Cannot install grub

Perumal, Muralitharan (IE10) Muralitharan.Perumal at Honeywell.com
Wed Jun 18 23:39:05 PDT 2008

Hi Rafael,

Please check the following things:

1. Check how many hard drives you have?
2. Is it PATA or SATA drive? SATA drives would be detected as
sda1,sda2... sdaN (first drive), sdb1, sdb2....sdbN (second drive) and
so on..
3. Check /dev to see the partitions and devices detected by your host.
(use df or mount command as well)
4. check the partition where your LFS sits i.e., if you have one hard
drive and /mnt/lfs is in your 2nd partition, you should mention "root
(hd0,1)" or try typing tab after root (hd0, it will show you the
available partitions.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Murali