Connecting to the Internet

support support at expertrepair.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 01:36:33 PDT 2008

/etc/resolv.conf is to store your name servers for dns resolution rather
than your IP, but I think this can be ignored as your wireless router is
likely to be a dhcp server and a dns relay too, in which case dhcp would
update resolv.conf anyway (unless configured not to do so).

2 main questions I guess, do we have a device for the wlan card at all?
You mention other distro's using ndiswrapper, but I'm not sure if you
have tried it on lfs yet, or attempted to build  a driver into the
kernel.  If neither, have a look at whether there are any native linux
drivers for your device, and if not grab a copy of ndiswrapper, I also
recommend downloading dhcpcd to manage your connection setup.  I guess
the other issue could be wireless security?  I don't use wireless so
I've no idea how this goes on linux, if everything else looks good you
could try switching to open mode for a few mins as a test.

Hope something in there is of some use.

Regards

Phill Upson