GCC build error (missing separator)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 5 10:28:03 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 06:53:33PM +0930, Sharif Oerton wrote:

> I'm not quite sure where to look to find out which directory was being used,
> I'm sorry. The only makefile I can see is the one in the gcc-build directory.
> The configure script makes no mention of which directory.

 When the build failed, did you not see a series of messages
something like "making all in foo" "making all in foo/bar", followed
by an error message, then a series of other messages as it leaves
directories, before the final "Error n" ?

 Since you don't seem to believe there are multiple Makefiles, try
(in the gcc-build directory)
find . -name 'Makefile'

ĸen