interface eth0 doesn't exist

Sanjeet Kumar sanjeet_guddu at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 08:47:46 PDT 2008

hi all!

i am using a lenovo notebook with intel pro wireless 3945abg built in it. i'd  used LFS6.2 book 2 build a system. I get this warninng after every boot.

Interface eth0 doesn't exist      [warn]

i'm right now compiling blfs6.2....n i've installed proper driver for my ipw card..which the kernel detects at boot...which is there when i run dmesg..

i think udev doesn't create a node for the device because i cannot find a directory in /sys/class/net for my device...the only directory there is lo.

the name is eth0 throughout for this device

i don't know how to fix it..

also...i don't see nodes for other devices such as cdrom...

thanks in advance..

sanjeet

      Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/