trouble with glibc

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Jul 30 15:51:07 PDT 2008

Daniel Corda wrote:
> I just made glibc-2.5.1 and everything looked good until the following appeared
>
> `/tools/include/linux/errno.h' are the same file
> make[2]: *** [/tools/include/linux/errno.h] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/MOUNTPOINT/tools/glibc-2.5.1/iconv'
> make[1]: *** [iconv/subdir_lib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/MOUNTPOINT/tools/glibc-2.5.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> the headers unpacked fine. and I checked the configure several times
> before running the command.  Of course there was a lot more printed but I
> decided not to paste here. Does anybody have a thought because I don;t
> know this i sconfigure scripts that I ran
>
>  ../glibc-2.5.1/configure --prefix=/tools --disable-profile
> --enable-add-ons --enable-kernel=2.6.0 --with-binutils=/tools/bin
> --without-gd --with-headers=/tools/include --without-selinux
>
> The slashes in the LFS document are used to denote a new line right?
>
> thanks guys

This is a known issue. The problem is that you unpacked and compiled
glibc inside /tools. The book tells you to use $LFS/sources as the place
to put all your sources and patches, as well as compile everything. You
will need to rm the glibc source and build dirs and try again, from a
different location (preferably following the book's suggestion of
$LFS/sources).