Compile error after final Re-adjusting the Toolchain

Tarsier tarsier6 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 21:01:00 PDT 2008

--- On Mon, 7/14/08, Philipp Christian Loewner <bOrgph at web.de> wrote:

> From: Philipp Christian Loewner <bOrgph at web.de>
> Subject: Re: Compile error after final Re-adjusting the Toolchain
> To: tarsier6 at yahoo.com
> Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 11:16 PM
> > I restarted building the "Temporary System".
> >
> > Appreciate very much if someone could send me the
> following dummy.log
> > (verbose output of the compilation) after the
> "GCC-4.2.3 - Pass 2" but
> > before chroot:
> > 	echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> > 	cc dummy.c -v -Wl,--verbose &> dummy.log
>
> Here you go: I have got two dummy.log files for you,
> but both may not exactly be what you need.
>
> I had a backup of /tools still floating arround
> on my disk, then added lfs group and user as in
> the beginning of the book, set up the enviroment to use
> /tools prior to /usr or / and then compiled a dummy file
> as in 6.10.
> The two files you were having problems with are taken
>  from /usr according to the log, but I don't know if
> this is supposed to be or if I just oversaw a command,
> and I'm in a hurry at the moment and don't have
> enough
> time to look it over.
> That dummy.log file is the first attached file.

Philipp, thanks for the logs and let me CC this to the list too, others also may be aware of this.

After the GCC-4.2.3 - Pass 2, its still not everything get from /tools. Which is not pure as per our objective, but since they are temp tools, I think still alright.

To make it more cleaner, in this rebuild I made a specs file:
gcc -dumpspecs | sed \
		-e '/\*startfile_prefix_spec:/{n;s at .*@/tools/usr/lib/@}' > \
    		`dirname $(gcc --print-libgcc-file-name)`/specs

I'm still building towards chroot, let see what happens.

Tarsier