Compile error after final Re-adjusting the Toolchain

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 13 15:30:05 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 07:33:22PM +0200, Philipp Christian Loewner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all I can not promise to be of any help.
>
> > It is getting crtbegin.o, libgcc.a, libgcc_eh.a and crtend.o from
> > /tools/lib/gcc/$(gcc -dumpmachine)/4.3.1/ .
>
> Isn't it suppposed to get files belonging to gcc from /tools?
 Not after the _final_ readjustment, no - at this point it should be
ready to build for the final system.

 The big problem here is the gcc version Tarsier is using -
it doesn't match what's in the book.  I know people are using the
4.3 series, but I don't know what changes they've had to make.

 Trying newer versions, after one is familiar with the build process,
is not a bad thing.  However, expecting to use a new version of gcc
(rather than a new point release) without the instructions changing,
is "optimistic".  And asking for help without mentioning the
variation(s) one has made doesn't help anybody.

ĸen