Compile error after final Re-adjusting the Toolchain

Philipp Christian Loewner bOrgph at web.de
Sun Jul 13 10:33:22 PDT 2008

Hi,

first of all I can not promise to be of any help.

> It is getting crtbegin.o, libgcc.a, libgcc_eh.a and crtend.o from
> /tools/lib/gcc/$(gcc -dumpmachine)/4.3.1/ .

Isn't it suppposed to get files belonging to gcc from /tools?
I mean, installing the final version of gcc in /usr should still be
two steps ahead. I'm not enitrely sure here, so perhaps some of the
more experienced users could help out...?

> attempt to open /usr/lib/libc.so succeeded
> :
> attempt to open /usr/lib/crtn.o succeeded
> /usr/lib/crtn.o/usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to ...
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to  ...
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to  ...
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to  ...
> /usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to  ...
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Could you perhaps send the whole output? Especially the end
of each of those lines would be interesting... I don't know
a lot about these things and everything this tells me
is that perhaps it tries to open a library but fails
because either it is linked to the wrong place or
it doesn't exist.