LFS 6.3 gcc output differences (ignoring nonexistent directory) [Solved]

rhubarbpie at poetworld.net rhubarbpie at poetworld.net
Fri Jul 11 15:49:03 PDT 2008

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2008, at 6:59 PM, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:
>
>> #include <...> search starts
>> here:                                         ignoring nonexistent
>> directory "/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i686-pc-
>> linux-gnu/include"
>> /usr/local/
>> include#
>> include "..." search starts here:
>> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/
>> include                               #include <...> search starts
>> here:
>> /usr/
>> include
>>                                                                 /usr/
>> include
>>

> Also, if you are missing /usr/local/include for search dirs:
>
> --with-local-prefix will do that, and probably something else, but I
> do know
> for sure that --with-local-prefix  like in --with-local-prefix=/tools
> will not include
> /usr/local/include in the search path.
>
> Guess you are getting close by now with what you did?"
>
> William

It appears the problem was I neglected to use "+h" when entering the
Chroot Environment (sections 6.4 and 6.6).

I was afraid the problem was a case of my poor note taking/typing.
While re-reading the documentation I couldn't remember typing +h.  So I
repeated Chapter 6, taking great pains with the login to include +h, and
my output was fine.  Then, as a final test I did the same without the
"+h" option and received the skewed output I earlier reported.