LFS 6.3 gcc output differences (ignoring nonexistent directory)

rhubarbpie at poetworld.net rhubarbpie at poetworld.net
Thu Jul 10 14:45:10 PDT 2008

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:05:36AM -0500, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I see your parsing problem.  The second output formatted badly.  Here's the second output presented vertically.  The top block is expected, the bottom, received.
>>

>> #include <...> search starts here:
>>  /usr/local/include
>>  /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include
>>  /usr/include
>>

>> ignoring nonexistent directory "/tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/include"
>> #include "..." search starts here:
>> #include <...> search starts here:
>>  /usr/include
>>

>  I'm hoping that William's reply was on the mark.
>
> ĸen

His was a good observation, but I'm afraid it's not the case not.  I'm
checking in the order shown in the documentation.  I've not had this
problem and did find posts concerning "ignoring nonexistent directory."
However, I'm installing from a fresh source directory and my other
output messages look fine.