LFS 6.3 gcc output differences (ignoring nonexistent directory)

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 8 17:28:57 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:59:37PM -0500, rhubarbpie at poetworld.net wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I'm building LFS 6.3 using my 6.2 version.  I see no errors until
> Chapter 6.12 when the output differs from the documentation.
>
> I have problems with two outputs shown below.  The desired output is
> left, and what I receive to the right.  My Chapter 6 glibc and toolchain
> outputs are fine.  My earlier version outputs always matched the
> documentation.  I've double-checked Chapter 5 gcc Pass 2 and toolchain
> adjustment but am probably overlooking a typo or something obvious.
>

> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../crt1.o succeeded             /usr/lib/crt1.o succeeded
[...]
 I'm having difficulty parsing this.  6.12 is about building gcc, so
I was expecting a difference in the test results.  You seem to be
querying two variants of the same filename
(/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../ is /usr/lib/).

 You _seem_ to be in 6.10 (readjusting the toolchain), but in that
case the _expected_ output is /usr/lib/crt1.o which is what you have
(on the right) so I've no understanding of your "desired" output on
the left.  Colour me confused.

ĸen