Suggestions for change in setting up "lfs" user

armencho at gmail.com armencho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 07:35:34 PST 2008

Chapter 4.3 - 4.4: Is there any particular crucial reason why the bash
startup scripts for lfs user have to be created and subsequently sourced
("source ~/.bash_profile" instruction) by user after having logged in? It is
not a big deal with the book, but is a problem if the host has persistent
storage (hard disk) and/or the build is automated and allows interrupting,
in which there can be cases where the startup scripts will be sourced twice.
I am writing such an automation script for LFS and need to circumvent this
problem. I have looked into 'jhalfs' project but it has come to a point
where it is too complicated to really learn from what I need to know..