compilation error for inetutils-1.5 in LFS-6.3

Justin O'Neil oneil.justin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 08:20:28 PST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 8:38 AM, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
> something. Do this...
>
> echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
> gcc dummy.c
> readelf -l a.out | grep interpret

"[Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.2]

> What output do you get? Also, give the output of "type -p gcc", "type -p
>   cc" and "type -p ld".
/usr/bin/gcc
/usr/bin/cc
/usr/bin/ld
By the way, I'm running these commands from a booted LFS system
(not chroot), and everything seems to be alright. All those outputs
seem to make sense, I remember doing the first one after installing
the final GCC, and I think it was alright then too. I've already
gotten rid of the /tools directory (it's in a tarball)

I really do appreciate all everyone is doing to help me, does the
problem I had mean that my LFS will have problems in the future?

Thank You,
Justin