System Doesn't Boot Part 2

Mark Olbert molbert at iterobiopharm.com
Sat Jan 26 18:36:17 PST 2008

Okay, I'm not sure what "please don't top post" message means, but I'm going to guess you don't want me to keep repeating the entire thread on each reply :).

Your comment about "all the devices" prompted me to check something:
when the LFS system is finished booting, there are no tty or pty (I
think that's it) devices listed. With the Slackware boot (and my memory of my LFS system when it used to be working) there were tons of tty and pty devices.

I think this supports the notion of "seriously hosed".

If you have any other ideas I'm all ears.

- Mark